Sunday 11 September 2016

CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON SAYS HE REGRETS NOT DOING MORE DOCTOR WHO, REASONS FOR LEAVING.

Ninth Doctor actor Christopher Eccleston has given a new interview, stating his regrets at not staying in the role of the Doctor longer and speaking again on the reasoning behind his departure.

Speaking with Raf Epstein on 774 ABC Melbourne's Drive, Eccleston says the first series of the returning show was both "badly organised and certainly badly produced," and had it been acknowledged at the time, things would have "turned out differently".

24517

However, Christopher regrets not staying in the role longer.

"There's always regret when you play a role like that because what you do is you… i watched it back and i thought ok, next time don't do this – do that, you know, calibrate the performance. It was kind of tragic for me, that I didn't play him for longer. He's a beautiful character and I have a great deal of professional pride and had I done a second season, there would have been a marked improvement in my performance. I was learning new skills, in terms of playing light comedy. I was not known for light comedy and, again, production did not allow for that."

Eccleston was also critical of the choice of directors for the series:

"It's very important on a first series that you make a very informed and intelligent choice, even if it means breaking the budget, about getting the first director who is going to set the tone for the season, for the way the actors relate and that did not happen. Disaster."



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment