Wednesday 9 September 2015

‘Leftovers’ Christopher Eccleston on ‘Dr Who’ Set: Talks ‘Thor 3’ Return? [SPOILERS]

Christopher Eccleston

Christopher Eccleston 2015 Critics' Choice Television. (Photo : Getty Images / Jason Merritt)

Whovians, if you have ever wondered if the Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, was a die-hard Doctor Who fan you can now put your questions to rest. The Leftovers star recently opened up about his viewing habits and how he will always be the Doctor at heart and on the set in spirit, even though he doesn't watch the show. Eccleston also talked about going back to Asgard as Malekith in a potential Thor 3 return.  

Eccleston revealed that he has not watched much of the classic series or even the newer revived version of the show, including the season in which he won viewers hearts as the Ninth Doctor. He confirmed via the Radio Times: "I never watched Doctor Who when I was a child, I never watched MYSELF as Doctor Who!"

In fact, considering he passed on the opportunity to reprise his role on the popular BBC series, this revelation will probably not come as much of a shock.

It is not all doom and gloom though, he may not have been an avid fan of the series but he pointed out that he will always be an integral part of the show: "I'm still there: I was in David Tennant, I was in Matt Smith, I was in Peter Capaldi. I'm always there in spirit." 

Doctor Who isn't the only gig that Eccleston is happy to have left behind. Last year, the Malekith actor spoke with MTV about not returning to Asgard for Thor 3 (via HitFix): "I don't think I'd like to revisit six hours of makeup every day. And I think Malekith has served his time. The way of the Marvel films, the Thor films, they have a new villain every time." 

Being that Eccleston's character Malekith the Accursed was crushed and killed in Thor: The Dark World it makes a lot of sense that a reprisal would be unlikely. However, as we know, with the Marvel cinematic universe anything is possible.

http://www.classicalite.com/articles/27766/20150908/leftovers-christopher-eccleston-dr-who-set-talks-thor-3-return.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment